IT Services for Independent Power Producers
We streamline plant mergers and acquisitions by designing cloud networks that satisfy NERC CIP controls and keep data secure. Our goal is to minimize operational inefficiencies using best practices and secure the energy sector’s critical infrastructure.
- Experience assessing gaps and designing solutions that satisfy NERC compliance controls
- Specialization in full lifecycle of IT assets transitions and migrations
- Utilization of cloud technologies to analyze data and ease management of systems
- Development of OPEX approach for modernizing technology environments
Acquisition Network Assessment
Energy investors are continuously involved in acquisitions and divestitures. iV4 assesses IT infrastructures to architect a design and implementation plan that ensures the acquirer has a network that is fully connected.
- Backup and Recovery Assessment
- Servers, operating systems, and carrier contracts review and recommendations
- Development of a plan to effectively separate assets from acquiree's corporate network.
IT Refresh & Transition
iV4 effectively evaluates, plans, and implements a roadmap for merging and refreshing IT infrastructures and supporting IT services required to operate securely.
- Business Systems Network: desktops, operating systems, backups, document management
- Control Systems Network: PI servers, CEMS Servers, SCADA & network isolation
- Proactive monitoring and managed support of all network devices, servers and workstations
Hybrid Cloud Design
Operator efficiencies often come when data and systems are located where they optimally perform. iV4 designs hybrid cloud solutions that help them better analyze data and streamline future plant transitions.
- Utilize the cloud's hardware independent solutions to make analyzing data easier and secure
- Deploying defense in depth with cloud security solutions to meet or exceed compliance requirements
- Streamline future IT transitions by building on cloud infrastructure which untethers the organization from keeping hardware assets up to date
Security for Critical Infrastructure
Power Producers are part of the nation's critical infrastructure making them a prime target to hackers. iV4 designs and continuously manages secure network infrastructures that adhere to NERC CIP requirements.
Cyber Incident Response
iV4’s Security Team will respond to and remediate security incidents to minimize damage to system and data integrity.
- Post-breach recommendations and implementation of comprehensive security tools
- Remediation and analysis
- Coordination with and provide reporting to legal representation and appropriate federal and local agencies
NERC CIP Compliance
iV4 will assess your policies and procedures to NERC CIP standards to uncover gaps and design a solution that meets control requirements.
- Development of a System Security Plan (SSP) with corresponding policies and procedures
- Plan of Action\Milestone (POAM) document
- Gap Analysis
- Continuous compliance management
View iV4's IT consulting services datasheet for Independent Power Plants: